On Monday 25th September 2023, we came together as one to recognise Team Stork and everything that’s been achieved over the past decade. The event was held at The Harlequin Theatre in Redhill and was attended by staff and volunteers, as well as local dignitaries, referral partners, community groups and local businesses. It really was an inspirational evening – hearing from some of our referral partners and families about the difference Stripey Stork has made, and awards being presented to some very special contributors.
Impact Report 2013-2023
On the night we launched our 10-year Impact Report, which includes powerful stories, survey results and statistics. It really shows how far we’ve come, why we’re needed and how people can support us into the next 10 years.
‘10 Years of Team Stork’ video
Another significant part of the evening was premiering our Team Stork video. It was produced by Tom Graham Creative who did such a fantastic job in bringing our vision to life. The video shows a range of individuals and organisations that make up Team Stork and what it means to them as they reflect on the last 10 years.
Our 10 Year Hero Awards
The night wouldn’t have been complete without recognising some very special people and groups that epitomise Team Stork and what it means to be there for your community. It was an honour to see them being presented with the following awards:
- Regular volunteering – Horley Tangent
- Community support – Andy Nash and The Belfry Shopping Centre
- Corporate partners – The Celtic Contractors family
- Campaign support – Emily and Jo Kennett
- Campaign support – Jane Babbage
- Charity partners – CJ Bowry from Sal’s Shoes
- Fundraisers – Sam West and Jackie Wilson
- Funders – St Faith’s Trust
- Corporate volunteering – Julie Lever
- Young volunteer – Caitlyn Lawrence
£10 for 10
We never forget that behind every referral is a family that needs our help. This need is greater than ever and sadly increasing, so we’re using this inspiration to power us into the next 10 years so we are able to reach every family that needs us in Surrey. To help us in our goal, we launched our £10 for 10 campaign. where we have been asking our supporters to set up a regular direct debit payment. We have set ourselves a goal of reaching 100 new regular donations as part of this birthday period.
Achieving this will make such a difference to the level of support we can provide to families in the future. If you are able to make this commitment or would like to give a one-off donation, you can do this through CAF.
As well as those already mentioned, we’d like to give a shout-out to the following for helping us to mark this milestone event:
- A special thanks to the team at The Harlequin Theatre in Redhill for being such brilliant hosts and going above and beyond to ensure such a smooth-running event.
- Shona Gow – thank you for designing the Impact Report, you really brought our story to life.
- Unison Choir – thank you for performing so beautifully at the drink’s reception.
- Gem’s Gorgeous Cakes – thank you for making the delicious birthday cake.
- Cllr Saj Hussain, Chair of Surrey County Council – thank you for doing the honours of cutting the cake.
- Maraya – thank you for capturing the moment so perfectly in your photos.
- Boo’s Bakes and Balloons – thank you for making our 10-year balloon backdrop.
We always like to support great local businesses and our event suppliers really did us proud.
Thank you to everyone who has ever showed up for us, whether that was on the night or through your unwavering support over the past decade. Team Stork!