A Stripey Stork welcome to all Ukrainian families
Stripey Stork want to make sure that Ukrainian families arriving in the UK are supported with the items they need in their new homes. As one of the UK’s biggest baby banks we are well positioned to support families arriving across Surrey.
We can help with:
- Moses baskets, cots and cot beds (with new mattresses and bedding)
- Equipment (highchairs, stair gates, baby baths, changing mats, buggies and prams)
- Clothes and shoes (from 0-16 years)
- Toys, books and activity sets
- School uniform (unbranded items) and filled school bags
- Toiletries and nappies
I’m a sponsor family
If you are sponsoring a Ukrainian family and would like some support with the items needed for the children in the family, please check out the useful checklists prepared by our friends at Baby Basics. This will help you determine what may be needed depending on the age of the guest children arriving in your home.
(Shared with kind permission of Baby Basics UK).
Surrey Council Council also have useful information for sponsor families here
Accessing our support
Do you live in the Reigate & Banstead borough?
Please contact the Resettlement Team at Reigate & Banstead Borough Council on [email protected].
They will be able to confirm the wider range of support available to your guest family and will also make a referral to us for what you need. More information is available here.
Once your request is received, we will let you know when you can come to our warehouse in Reigate to collect everything you need. You can find our details here.
Do you live outside the Reigate & Banstead borough?
Your local borough or district council should be a useful starting point as they can signpost you to the support available for your guest family. If you are unable to find a local contact in your local area, please contact us on [email protected]
Do you live outside of Surrey?
There are baby banks across the UK who may be able to help. Please check out this map of baby banks to find the closest organisation to you.
I’m a Ukrainian guest arriving in Surrey
You are welcome here and we want to help. Surrey County Council website has useful information and can be translated in to Ukrainian. Please visit this page.
I want to help
Whilst we have a well-stocked warehouse, we expect that there will be demand for key items such as cots and equipment that exceeds what we have available. We know that the local community will want to support us and help the Ukrainian families, and you can help in the following ways:
- Donate to our appeal: Given the speed at which we may need to respond, the best way to help us is to donate funds to our Ukrainian Family Appeal so that we can quickly obtain the items needed and ensure that no child must wait for a safe, clean bed to sleep in etc.
- Donate items: We will continue to update our wishlist and items needed will be updated along with donation times and dates. Our Amazon wishlist will also be kept up to date with items needed.
- Volunteer: We are always happy to hear from volunteers who wish to help at our warehouse in Reigate. Details of our volunteering opportunities are here or you can email [email protected]